ITrust Fertility Privacy Statement:
Confidentiality: The confidentiality of patient information is paramount to Itrust fertility and complies with UK data protection laws, including the Data Protection Act 2018 and all medical and clinical confidentiality guidelines issued by professional bodies such as the General Medical Council, HFEA and Nursing and Midwifery Council.
Clinical information: Clinical information will be kept confidential and secure. It will only be disclosed to and received from those involved in your care (which may include your general practitioner and your consultant) or their agents or in accordance with UK laws and guidelines from professional bodies. If applicable, it may be disclosed to any person or organization who is responsible for meeting your treatment expenses, or their agents (e.g. where payment is being met by the NHS. It may also be disclosed for research purposes as detailed below.
Your consultants and medical practitioners are not employees of itrust fertility centre and carry out services as independent practitioners and therefore handle and process patient information within their private practice as separate Data Controllers. Processing of this information may involve your consultant sharing information with itrust fertility centre, sending information directly to Insurers for settlement of accounts as well as sending details of your treatment to your general practitioner. All independent consultants and medical practitioners working with the itrust fertility centre are obliged to ensure data is kept confidential and secure and is processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 and other UK Protection Laws, guidelines and regulations and apply appropriate safeguards to protect information. For access to medical records held by your consultant or medical practitioner, or to exercise any of your rights over any personal data held by them, you will need to make the request to the consultant or medical practitioner directly.
Research: itrust fertility centre participates in national audits and initiatives to help ensure that patients are getting the best possible outcomes from their treatment and care. itrust fertility centre will use your personal data in order to monitor the outcome of your treatment. The highest standards of confidentiality will be applied to your personal data in accordance with data protection and confidentiality laws. Any publishing of this data will be anonymised statistical form. Anonymised or aggregated data may be used by itrust fertility centre or be disclosed to others, for research and statistical purposes and registered with such bodies.
Access to Non-clinical Information: Access to non-clinical information may be granted by the itrust fertility centre to others for the purpose of on a strictly confidential basis in the course, and for the purpose, of the efficient administration of itrust fertility centre (for example in connection with audit, systems development, managing or improving our services).
Support Services: In the usual course of our business, we may use third party organisations to support the service delivery of our IT services. Some IT service providers may host data in servers located outside of the EEA. Where this is the case we have implemented appropriate security to protect the personal information disclosed to us from loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
Terms of Administration
1. itrust fertility centre will provide accommodation, nursing care and other services as appropriate for (‘you’ or ‘your’) at the request of the medical practitioner/s that is/are supervising your care.
2. Fees for services provided by consultants, independent medical practitioners, general practitioners and anaesthetists are additional to charges made by us, unless they are covered by the terms agreed with you for payment where you are paying for your treatment yourself or where you are admitted through the NHS.
3. Please do not bring valuable items into the hospital. We will not accept liability for any loss or damage to any personal items or valuables.
5. All of our consultants and independent medical practitioners are self-employed and provide their services direct to you and not on our behalf or that of the hospital. The consultant/ practitioner remains fully liable to you for your care and we cannot accept any liability for his/ her (care, treatment, advice, or) practice.
Privately Funded Treatment
1. I/ We have seen the current Pricelist and agree to pay these within the terms set out by itrust fertility centre.
2. I/ We understand that this agreement and the pricelist is current at this time, however, itrust fertility centre, may review and revise prices without notice. We agree to pay the tariffs valid at the time of starting our treatment (this is when taking our first treatment medication).
3. I/ We understand and agree to pay all treatment fees, prior to starting the medication and that failure to make payment will result in the treatment cycle being cancelled and a cancellation charge. I/ We agree to pay the difference in price, if rates are adjusted by the time we start our medication.
4. I/ We understand the listed treatment fees do not cover medication and agree to pay for those separately. I/ We understand that itrust fertility centre cannot provide us with the actual costs of medication as it is supplied by an independent drug company.
5. I/ We understand that our treatment may be cancelled due to clinical reasons or for our own personal reasons in these cases a cancellation fee will be applied, depending upon the stage of treatment at cancellation. We are aware of the different fees applicable and agree to pay these.
6. I/ We understand that the team at itrust fertility centre, will order the appropriate amount of medication, however as doses may be adjusted during the cycle, I/ We may need to purchase more medication or may have some left over. I/ We agree to pay for the additional medication (delivery charges will be applied).I/ We accept some high cost may remain unused and which cannot be returned to the drug company for a refund.
7. I/ We understand that if a procedure in theatre takes place (either egg collection or insemination) the full fees for that treatment cycle are applicable (IVF, ICSI, PGD, FET, IUI etc.), irrespective of the outcome.
8. I/ We understand that our treatment may require additional procedures (such as SSR, HyCoSy etc.), which are charged separately and in addition to the procedure costs. I/ We are aware of the costs and accept to pay these on the day of the procedure.
9. I/ We understand that dependent on clinical indication, planned treatment may be changed (e.g. IVF to ICSI) on the day of the procedure. I/ We accept that this change will alter the price of treatment (as per the pricelist) and agree to pay the revised price of treatment.
10. I/ We understand that there is a fee for freezing embryos and agree to pay this when/ if I/ We request to have excess embryos frozen. The fee will cover 12 months storage, after which time, we will need to pay an annual fee to continue the storage, at the prices current at that time.
11. I/ We understand that our treatment cost covers one follow up consultation (should the treatment cycle be unsuccessful). The appointment must be within 6 weeks of treatment, after which time a fee for a follow up consultation will be charged at the rates at the current time.
Terms and Guide to Prices for NHS/Insured Patients:
1. Professional Fees
Fees for services provided by self-employed consultants and independent practitioners such as medical consultants, general practitioners and anaesthetists, are imposed in addition to charges made by us, unless they are covered by the terms agreed with you for payment where you are paying for treatment yourself or where your treatment is funded by the NHS.
2. Payment Terms
If a third party or insurer has agreed to pay all or part of your account, any balance outstanding that the third party does not pay is your responsibility and must be paid by you in accordance with this paragraph. We require you to pay on or before your admission and we will collect any outstanding unspecified amounts in respect of:
– Services and charges not covered in whole or part, by your insurance company or the NHS or where you are paying for your own treatment, services, charges and expenses not covered by the terms agreed for your treatment (E.g. cryopreservation).
– For Insured patients; any excess amounts of your policy.
3. Direct settlement by Insurance Companies
You should check with your insurer that you have adequate cover. We will try to help you do this, but only your insurer can confirm that all your cover is adequate. If your insurance company operates a direct settlement scheme, we will send your account and claim form to the insurance company for payment on your behalf.
4. NHS Patients
Any additional services that are not covered i.e. cryopreservation.N.B We accept most major credit cards and debit cards. Unless otherwise agreed we reserve the right to vary our fees and charges without prior notice